Everyone wants to make the right decision for anything. How to make one, especially if somethings important, like what’s the best career option, your relationship or marriage decisions, financial decisions and so on.
Well, you can never predict the outcome of even the well thought out decisions with all the analysis, research and reflection. So, it’s always good to get the facts, know what you want and also follow your heart/intuitions.
Finding your passion(s) in life & making the best career choice:
1. Get all the facts from trusted sources. Like get the accurate numbers from institutions, articles, meet people who at highest of posts(the higher the better), meet people who are experienced, visit universities, industries or offices.
2.For freshers or people who are looking for a career change, it’s always good to know what you would be doing exactly at your job for many years.
Join as intern, volunteer for free, everyone would like a free employee who is honest for a month, or just meet people at the office and observe. Just do it. Personally, I learned a bit of coding when I was 12 yes old, I liked it, at least I thought that time, but I would not like to work as software programmer every day.
3. For some people, it takes a lot of exploration to finally know what they really like to do, as a passion,as they may have multiple skills or they just don’t know what clicks. And it’s ok. For some people they think they know, but when they actually do their work or passion, sooner or later, they know it’s not their passion and its ok too. Our passions even may change over time and that’s OK too.Know the Why you want to do the work:My mentor once said, always live your day the way you want, doing what you love, with people you like, that’s real success.
4. Ask yourself:
- Why do I want to make this career choice?
- Does it match my values and my life I want to live?
- What are the three most important things about this work?
- What are the sacrifices I’ll need to make and am I completely OK with them?
- What will I gain from this work, the passion, fulfillment and earnings and am I completely OK with them?
- What’s my direction in life, what would my future look like?
- What needs to happen for that future? What do I need to do?
- Am I willing to change my plans, find new ways to reach my destinations?
- Am I completely OK if I don’t succeed? (remember, if you are afraid of failure, you don’t deserve success, be fearless and you’ll be unstoppable)
- Am I completely OK if I get everything I wanted? If I succeed? (many times people think that they don’t deserve success internally, and it’s just really bad use of thinking)
5. Follow your heart and intuitions, it’s important you also love the work and get the ‘feeling’ of passion, fulfillment and purpose. Don’t just follow the facts and the numbers. If you are good, really good at anything you can earn a very good living and also enjoy while you are earning it. As half of your waking life is probably at work.
6. Don’t be upset for too long if something doesn’t work out. It’s ok to be upset for some time. Then, chill, travel, meet new people and go in the hunt for your new passion.
True failure is when you give up on yourself, your purpose, passion, pleasure. Keep your good memories, people, experiences, hope close to yourself, push everything else away.
Seek and you shall find
B Raj @ Kung fu Mind
Kung fu Mind | NLP Training Online NLP Courses India NLP Coaching