Medications are used to change the neuro chemical balance, which according to psychiatrists is a way of treatment.
Yes, in some cases as bipolar or schizophrenia, it maybe essential.
I recommend you the following steps, if you really want to feel, think and act differently.
- Accept what you are feeling, don’t fight it. Feelings are there to make us understand what we want, what we value and what’s important, anger is classic example of values disturbed by someone.
- Seek the positive intent of the emotion, like depressive thinking maybe due to some loss, failure, person, so maybe the positive intent can be to seek new options, to attain excellence or some victory, to find a special someone, to have and seek people who love and care. It may not be immediately clear, but persistance always helps.
- Find new ways of thinking, use multiple perspectives on what you are thinking, ask people who have been through something similar, how they changed, seek new experiences. There are always many ways of thinking, many different and even opposite thoughts, what’s true, what’s really real? Does the thoughts I think help me? I am not my thinking, I am more.
- Practice Practice Practice new thinking, new actions, go for a walk whenever you don’t feel low, exercise, laugh, watch funny videos, movies. Meet people, make new friends, explore new passions. Keep yourself engaged in something you find meaningful and you enjoy.
- Have some chamomile tea at night, multivitamins, eat healthy food, exercise, read, write, visit new places, meet people, know that in some time, it’ll be different, comfortable and enjoyable.
- If you really persevere and believe, take small actions everyday, just for that day, soon changes will be felt, let your mind expand by different thinking, feelings, emotions by actions. Practice.
Kung fu Mind | NLP Training Online NLP Courses India NLP Coaching